Saturday, December 15, 2012

thirty days with a grateful heart. day ten.

day ten.  her heart.


This morning I had a little early morning talk with my girl.

I told her that there are people in our world that can be hurtful.  That can do harm.  We never understand why, and yet as sad as it is, it is a fact of life. 

Look around, I told her, read the news.  You will see them every single day.  And as you regard them, think about how sad they must feel inside.  How difficult that must be to carry that pain and anger around, day in and day out.  How lonely they must feel.

Then I told her that there are also people in this world who love.  Who do no harm.  Whose hearts expand more and more every single day to embrace those around, to honor them, to protect them, to love them.

You won't see many of those people in the news.  But you'll be drawn to them because that love that they share is what draws bees to honey.  It is intoxicating.  It is powerful.  It is sweet blood, my momma would say.

She is one of those rare ones, my girl.

She loves.  With everything that she is...  everything that she has.  She loves.  And as she does, she shows those around her how to feel good...  and happy...  whole.  Believe me, because I know.  She does this for me, every single day.

I am so grateful for her today.

So grateful for her love.  So grateful for her heart.  So grateful for her strength and her passion and her belief in all that is right and good in this world.

So incredibly grateful.